07 January 2012

New Year, New Beginnings...

Happy New Year to all my readers! Here's hoping that 2012 brings positive environmental changes in Oman and beyond. A New Year is always a good time for a fresh start and, with Oman Environment Day taking place tomorrow (8th January), I hope that people will feel inspired and motivated to play their part.  If we all do a little bit then, collectively, we can truly make a difference.

ESO have announced their calendar of events for the year, although sadly, as usual, Dhofar remains completely unrepresented.  This is frustrating,  but it's all the more reason why we need to shout that bit louder to be heard! Let ESO know that you want events to take place in the South too. I get the feeling that they don't think there is enough interest down here to justify it. Let's prove them wrong!!  If you have ideas for specific events you'd like to see here or presentations/lectures you'd be interested in hearing then let me know and I will pass your suggestions on to ESO.

Well in the latter days of 2011 I'm sorry to report that I had quite a depressing Omani 'eco-tourism' encounter at the Ras Al Jinz turtle reserve. I will write about it in my next post and, meanwhile, will remain hopeful that things will improve for the better in 2012...



1 comment:

Kapil said...

Hi DEB! A Happy new year, although belated to yo u as well :D

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this topic / article here:

http://www.greenprophet.com/2012/01/oman-sinking-and-shrinking/

as it's about Oman.

Your blog seems quite popular amongst the green-thumbs, by the way! :D

Kapil